Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The 4th of July

So what is this thing they call fireworks? Basically growing up in California has crippled me from having any experience with fireworks. They are illegal in Yorba Linda. Of course, we watched the fireworks show every 4th of July, but I never actually got to set off my own fireworks. My fireworks experience began and ended with a sparkler. Well, low and behold fireworks are legal in most parts of Arkansas. Before the 4th we hit up a fireworks store and it was like nothing I had ever seen before! It was like Costco but the place was full of fireworks. I didn't even know where to begin. I didn't know what was good, cool etc. I just sat and watched as Justin and his friends ooohed and awwwed over different fireworks. We purchased some goods and I was more excited than I let on. The 4th of July was like a normal Sunday. We went to church, taught our sunbeams, took naps and ate dinner. As it started getting dark, we headed up to Beaver Lake. We found a sweet spot and started setting off fireworks. Justin made a big deal out of me setting off my first firework. haha how embarrassing. Anyway, it was really fun. We set them off at the edge of the lake and watched them light up the sky. It was like there was a dozen different fireworks shows going on because everyone was having their own! It was really fun and an awesome way to spend the 4th. It's a little different without lots of family around but we have good friends out here with us and maybe next year we can be with family :) So the other night we went to Zaxby's for dinner. Awesome food. I told Justin it was one of my favorite places so far, but apparently I say that a lot so who knows! All I know is that is was really good and I really want to go back. Okay so along with pictures from the 4th..and from Zaxby's..I am going to post some pictures of my sunbeams. I can't help it. I love them. They are so much fun! Oh and by the way...I got a MacBook Pro. It's beautiful. I am obsessed with it. Justin always jokes with me and says, Man its really sad that i've lost my wife to a computer. I don't spend that much time on it...I promise:) Well until next time...cheers!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Justing and his cousin, Bradley.
Photobucket
A firework that we set off. No joke.
Photobucket
Photobucket
ZAXBYS.
Photobucket
He was really tired after work. haha.
Photobucket
So cute!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Seriously love them. They are adorable!

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy you guys weren't allowed to do fireworks in California!! I couldn't imagine not doing any. I'm glad you got to do some this year! :) Love the sunbeams too!! :) They are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man those pics of Justin and Brad CRACK ME UP! I bet you all had a blast! Also, Your sunbeams are so cute. Some of the pictures got me laughing!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes